Auth0 is a flexible authentication and authorization service for web, mobile and internal applications. In simple terms - it helps control access through a Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM) solution. IAM is a framework that allows IT managers to control user access to information within the companies.
Finsweet supports this
Types of authentication offered by Auth0:
- Single Sign-On (SSO) - allows users to log in just once and be able to use all the applications that they have been granted access to. Finsweet Account is built on SSO.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) - verifies a user's identity by requiring the user to present more than one piece of identifying information.
- Universal Login - uses a central authorization server to verify user identity. This increases authentication security, especially for mobile apps and third-party integrations.
Use-cases for Auth0:
- Setting up a One-Time Passcode (OTP) for access that’s delivered over Email or SMS.
- Setting up user authentication with username & password or via social media accounts.
- Being compliant with the ever evolving requirements of GDPR, HIPAA, SOC2, and more.
- Securing your API with OAuth 2.0.
- Getting analytics about users to improve sign-on experience, create funnels, or measure user retention.