Attributes is a no-code solution for adding advanced functionality to a Webflow project.
All solutions directory page — Lists all no-code Attributes solutions. The API can be used to programmatically interact with these solutions.
Each API-supported solution has its own API documentation page.
The API can be used to:
- Add custom functionality to Attributes when the default no-code functionality does not satisfy the use case.
- Integrate third-party data (data outside of Webflow CMS) with Attributes solutions.
- Programmatically set custom values to filters, search, range sliders, etc.
- Listen for events such as "renderitems", "switchpage", etc, to trigger custom actions when desired.
Example use cases
SlickJS Slider: Use a custom slider library like SlickJS together with Attributes cmsload. You can dynamically add new slides to SlickJS when cmsload loads them.
Google Analytics: Push analytics events to Google when the user applies a filter. When the filter changes, or satisfies a specific filter combination, push the event to the dataLayer.
Can the API fetch external data and add it to the Webflow website?
Can the API be used with Webflow CMS?
- Yes. The API is not specific to Webflow CMS or any data source. It can be used with any data. Attributes API allows us to interact with Attribute solutions, regardless of where the data comes from.
Can the API solve the 10,000 CMS item limit?
Watch the video tutorial below to understand if you are ready for Attributes API.
Understand the API with a walkthrough tutorial.
1. Get data from external API and add it to a Collection List
2. Filter external API data on the page with Attributes
We are actively growing and supporting Attributes API. Each released Attributes solution will soon have a matching Attributes API documentation page.
Here's what we're working on:
Attributes API technical support is available as part of our Finsweet Pro offering.
Learn more about our Support expectations.